6.21.2010

Selling at 80 mph


What a weekend! I just came back from Wheaton, Illinois where I took part in the Cantigny Fine Art Festival. The weekend started off inauspiciously with a major storm - 80 mph winds and torrential rain - just in time to set up! Sadly, I didn't get any photos of this phenomenon. Many tents ended up flying like kites...one or two landed on my car. Luckily my tent stayed put.

I did get to try out my new display. It was a breeze to set up and tear down each day...just take the frames (with jewelry still on them) with me. However, if they are customer friendly is still up in the air.

Also, my aunt and cousin were in town for the day and we all went out for a delicious dinner at Tango in Naperville, Illinois - home of the world's longest steak...and amazing tapas! Having grown up in Naperville it was kind of fun to see how the town has changed and view it with new eyes. I also was able to catch up a bit with my best friend from childhood. Not a bad weekend, despite the weather!

No comments: