7.01.2010

Profession Rings

My current J101 class did a fantastic job on their second project - soldered rings. Some of the designs morphed and changed as we worked on them but I think everyone was pretty happy with the final results. They had a chance to show them off at ArtFest Midwest while assisting me last weekend. I think they impressed many prospective students. :D

Teri chose to commemorate the textile industry by weaving silver strands to decorate her ring

Amber created a fun and funky retro vibe ring based on the idea of skee-ball

And Kristin's ring is an abstract representation of a fountain in a zen garden

All in all, great rings that anyone would be proud to wear. I am really looking forward to our final wire bracelet assignment and seeing what these creative chickies come up with.

No comments: