7.02.2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

After a full weekend of art show and then two solid days of errand running in the 'big city' (towns with populations under 2,000 aren't known for their large selection of amenities) I am finally back and ready to hit the studio again. Next show is in a little over two weeks in Wisconsin and I need to replenish my stock.

I met some interesting folks at ArtFest Midwest, some fellow Orchid members, saw some old friends and new people interested in my work. Granted, I didn't get out of my booth very often. I was demonstrating metalsmithing - 'like watching paint dry' as another jeweler commented. It's true, filing, sawing, sanding...not so interesting to watch, but I wasn't prepared to haul my anvil to do any forging - as well as selling my work. Set up for a 10' x 20' booth was a bear! We took 2 fully loaded vehicles out there and then made two more trips. After the show (of course, after!) I found this beauty....


How awesome is this? A portable bench! This would have been sooooo much easier to travel with and only 50lbs. Something to think about for the future. What can I say? I guess I am a gadgety sort of gal. I am still holding out for a laser welder (drool!), rolling mill, and drawbench. Sigh. :) Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: